U.S. Constitutional Amendments
Voting Rights Act
Federal Election Campaign Act
National Voter Registration Act
Help America Vote Act
Many of the amendments to the U.S. Constitution are concerned with voting and election procedures:
* The 15th Amendment barred racial discrimination in voting
* The 17th Amendment gave people the right to directly elect their U.S. Senators, rather than having them elected by state legislative bodies
* The 19th Amendment granted women the right to vote
* The 23rd Amendment granted electoral votes to Washington, D.C.
* The 24th Amendment eliminated poll taxes
* The 26th Amendment lowered the voting age to 18
* The 1st Amendment granted the rights of freedom of speech and freedom of assembly
* The 14th Amendment granted the right of equal protection
Also known as the "Motor Votor Act."